Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mr. 1st Grade




Jacob is a big first grader now!  He started school today.  He was a little nervous, but was very excited about the 3 recesses on the big playground (or apparatus as they call it at school).  He was so happy that he and his best friend Canyon were put in the same class.  We all went as a family this morning to drop him off.  He didn't want us to leave until all of the other parents were leaving, which was just fine with me.  It was weird to leave him after having him home all summer.  His day is twice as long as last year!  When we got in the car and drove away, Micah said, "Where's Jacob?"  We told him he was at school and he just got this sad look on his face and said, "Awwwww!"  When I picked Jacob up, he said it had been a great first day, and of course recess was his favorite part.  He was so proud that he got to walk from the playground to his classroom all by himself.  I think this is going to be a great year for him.  

3 comments:

Dana said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe he is SO big!!!! I can't wait to see you all!!!

Your hair is SO long friend it looks AwESOME!!!

I will be home in 22 days!!!!
I am so excited!!!

sarah hornacek said...

you are such a big boy, jacob! that is so great that you get to be in the same class as your best buddy!

i can't believe you have a first grader...and that our "babies" we be in school before we know it!

MomFaves said...

What good news that Jacob enjoyed his first day of school!!! I love the family picture, Jacob is just getting to be so big, what a good friend Aaron has in him! - Rebecca