Sunday, August 3, 2008

BINKIES


Some kids have a favorite stuffed animal or a special blanket.  Some have an imaginary friend and others like Micah have binkies.  Micah is so attached to his binkies and I know that some day soon we will have to break the habit, but right now he is so funny about them and we will just let him enjoy these special moments with his "best friends" as we sometimes call them.  He hoards them.  He will carry around 5 at a time if he can and hum a little tune as he walks around.  When he sleeps at night he has to have at least 3 - one for his mouth and one for each hand.  He has a little car that he rides around the house on.  We have named it the "binkie mobile"  because he stores the binkies all around the steering wheel and then scoots around the house.  So yesterday morning Micah was sitting at the breakfast table with 3 of his "little treasures" and Tim and I were sitting on the couch.  We hear the binkies clinking on the table and then with a very affectionate voice, Micah says, "I love you bikies!  I love you binkies!"  I'm sure this will be one of those embarrassing stories that we tell when Micah graduates and when he gets married.  

2 comments:

Dana said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE IT!!!! That is such a sweet story and one that definitely needs to be told!!!

I love those boys and can't wait to see them!!!

Rebecca Unfried said...

This is so cute!!! This is the first time that I have visited your blog, for some reason I had no idea that you had one!!! :( - Rebecca