Sunday, July 13, 2008

32 is not so bad


So I turned 32 on Friday and  I had such a wonderful birthday.  On Thursday Tim and I got to get away for a night while my mom stayed with the boys.  I have a great mom!  We had such a relaxing time hanging out together.  It's been a long time since we've been able to just hang out without no real agenda and talk without interruptions.  We went to dinner at my current favorite restaurant, Chipotle.  Then we went to the movies and saw Get Smart - so funny.  We stayed the night at a hotel in Rocklin and slept in the next morning (which is what I really wanted for my birthday).  We stayed in bed watching TV until 11:15 (a dream come true :)), then went to Mimi's for a late breakfast.  We had to be home in the afternoon to take Jacob to his last swim lesson which was really fun.  Then that evening the doorbell rang and Martha Andrews from our church showed up with the most beautiful bouquet of flowers (that she arranged) from our Emmaus Church family.  I was so shocked that people even knew it was my birthday.  Later on, Tim decided to treat me to dinner at my other favorite place, Chevey's and we met his parents there.  When I got home their was a gift on the porch from the Oates Family.  It was a beautiful new journal which I am so excited to begin writing in.  I just felt loved all day and thought of.  To top it all off, my friend Dana made a top 10 reasons she loves me list on her blog that brought tears to my eyes and a smile on my face at the same time.  So 32 started out great even though (as Tim so thoughtfully reminded me) I am half way to 64.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you Kerri and are really glad you had a wonderful birthday.
Angela

Dana said...

What a great day!!!!!! I am so glad you liked you blog!!

And that you had such a fun bday! I will try calling you soon!

I tried today but I don't know if you could hear the message....I am coming home on Sept 13....YAY!

Shannon said...

So fun!!! Happy birthday a little late!!

Dana said...

Of course I will teach you to knit!!!!!

It is so fun and one day when we are at the beach on vacation and our kids our their with their families we will laugh about this blog :)