Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Busy Life of the Loomis Fam

Wow!  What at week!  Tuesday night we had our first family worship homegroup.  It went really well overall, but Tim and I had a really hard time trying to engage Micah.  He was all over the place and really distracting.  We are trying to figure out how to make this work for our family.  Jacob is at such a good age for this type of group and yet Micah is still a bit young.  I guess we'll learn as we go.  
Wed night Jacob had his first soccer practice of the season.  He had so much fun!  Tim was able to be there, but had to rush off to youth group right after.
Today Micah really took off with potty training.  He went pee pee in the potty 5 times today!  We went to Target after we picked Jacob up from school and he picked out some Lightning McQueen Underwear and we got some pull - ups for nighttime.  I can't believe that he is already potty training!  I was  not really expecting this so soon.  But I am going with it, since he is so excited.
Jacob bit into a sandwich this week and said, "ouch!"  Tim asked him if he had a loose tooth, and it turns out that he has not 1, but 3 loose teeth on the bottom.  I know he is 6 and this is normal, but it took me by surprise.  This is just one more reminder of how big he is getting.  He is doing so well in 1st grade and working really hard at learning to read.  
Well, tomorrow is Tim's day off...yippee!!!  I love when he is home with us.  But I have a bummer of a morning tomorrow.  I have to go get a little cyst removed from my gums.  Yuck!  I think it is a real minor procedure, but I know I'll have a couple of stitches and will have to be on pain meds for at least a day or two.  
Well, I'm off to watch some of the republican national convention.  Good night!

1 comment:

Josh Unfried said...

I hope that your surgery went well - and that you guys had a great day together today. I would love to hear more about the small group on Thursday, we were at home with the family celebrating Aaron's Birthday. So glad to hear that Micah is enjoying his going pee pee in the big potty. - Rebecca