Saturday, September 6, 2008

Do I have something in my teeth?


My college friends have heard this question a thousand times.  It was just a normal part of our post meal routine for 4 years.  I have always been worried that after eating I would have a huge piece of food in my teeth and then go talk to someone and be really embarrassed.  So I always would ask, "Do I have something in my teeth?"  After a while it just became the routine for all of us to check for each other.  
I remember this one time when we dared Amy to put a huge lettuce leaf in her teeth and go up to some random guy in the cafeteria and start up a conversation with him.  She is the best because she totally did it, with a straight face, while the rest of us watched laughing the whole time.  
These memories still bring a huge smile to my face, but I have not been smiling very much the past two days (at least not in public).  Want to know why?  Well, yesterday I had that little procedure to have the cyst removed from my gums.  I was super nervous for nothing.  The shots to numb my mouth hurt more than getting the cyst removed.  The actual "surgery" took less than 2 minutes and it was so small that I didn't even need stitches.  The doctor just put some kind of acid stuff on the area to stop the bleeding.  I didn't even have to take any pain meds. 
 So that is all good and fine, but when I took the gauze out of my mouth about an hour after I got home, I noticed that my gums were nice and black in that area.  Really cute...it looks like I have a black bean stuck up above one of my teeth.  Or something even grosser.  I will quote Jacob, "Mom it looks like you have bird poop in your mouth!"  Lovely!!!  Tim said I look like I have major gum disease in that one spot.  So Pretty!!!  He wouldn't even kiss me yesterday...I don't know why :)  
Anyway, I am hanging out at home today and it looks a little better than yesterday.  I am just hoping that it is not too noticeable at church tomorrow.   I may have to give lots of close mouthed smiles to people.   I was trying to decide whether to put a picture in this blog or not, but I decided that it makes for a funny memory.  So as for the question, "Do I have something in my teeth?"  The answer is no...no black bean, no bird poop, no gum disease no, no, no.  Just a gross little scab that hopefully will be gone really really soon.  
 

4 comments:

sarah hornacek said...

i am always asking kevin if i have something in my teeth...he usually says "yes" just to make me mad. my favorite part of this story is jacob's quote about bird poop. priceless.

Amy Gagnon said...

Uhm... I am glad that i am the person that comes to mind with somethiing in her teeth! I laughed outloud and had a smile on my face. Thanks friend! This too shall pass.

Jordan, Erin, Morgan, and Brenna said...

Kerri, that is hilarious because that is totally what I will always remember about you...asking if something is in your teeth and sticking kleenex up both nostrils to make sure no boogers were in there! HA!! Should I have shared that????

Dana said...

THat is AWESOME!!! I am finally catching up on blogs...this one made me laugh out loud!!