Monday, September 8, 2008

Mommy mishap

I totally screwed up today as a mom!  My day was going just fine.  Micah and I went grocery shopping this morning, I made him lunch and then put him down for his nap.  I  made lunch for myself and had just sat down to eat and watch the rest of the VMAs that I recorded last night when the phone rang...

caller: "Is this Kerri Loomis?"
me: "yes"
caller: "This is so and so from Foskett Ranch Elementary School..."
my first thougth:  "Oh no, did Jacob get hurt at school...is he sick!"
caller:  "Did you know that this was an early release Monday?  School got out at 1:30pm today! Jacob is in the office, can you be here soon to get him?"
me:  "Oh no, I forgot, I'll be there in two minutes!"

So I have to wake up a sound asleep little Micah and rush over to Jacob's school.  I am at least 20 minutes late (up to this point I have been at the gate waiting for Jacob everyday so that he doesn't get scared and wonder where I am).  I feel terrible and like the worst mom in the world.  I never wanted my child to be the one that was forgotten, sitting in the office waiting to be picked up from school.  So Jacob is happy to see me and so gracious, although he says, "I hope you don't ever do that again."  And of course I promise that I won't, and tell him that even mommy's make mistakes and I am very sorry.  The worst part of the whole thing is that he cried after school because he didn't know what to do or where to go.  Thankfully his teacher saw him and helped him get to the office.  
Not my most shining moment as a mom.  

1 comment:

sarah hornacek said...

oh kerri...you just had a brain fart :) i'm sorry that jacob was so sad, but he knows that you love him dearly. telling him that even moms make mistakes is such a good reminder. we all have our not-so-proud-mommy days!