Saturday, October 18, 2008

10 YEARS

We are in Redding this weekend for our 10 year Simpson College (now University) reunion.   Last night we met our best friends at Chipotle (Yummy Yummy)!  It was so fun to see everyone and to watch all of our kids running around and playing together.  I love my friends and am so thankful that after 10 years we still have really close friendships.  After dinner we took my mom and the boys back to the hotel.  We are staying at the Red Lion, which holds special memories for me.  When I arrived at Simpson, my Junior Year, our dorm was not completed.  A ton of us were put up in the Red Lion hotel for over a month which was so much fun...maid service, room service, best friends to hang out with...what more could a college girl ask for!  Anyway, we got my mom and the boys settled in and headed over to Sea Jay's house to hang out with everyone.  First we had to make a quick stop at Discovery Village (our favorite hang out spot when we lived here).  Tim got a coffee and as we were leaving we ran into a bunch of other Simpson Alumni.  It was fun to catch up.  We made our way to Sea's house and while to girls chatted and caught up, our husbands did what all grown men love to do...played video games on the Wii.  It was getting late so we decided we should go back and go to bed, but we wanted to take a drive through Simpson on our way and reminisce about the good ol' days.  We saw that something was going on in the gym and thought we'd check it out.  We ended up staying until midnight and watching the current students put on an "Air Bands"  show.  We could not help feeling like it was just yesterday that we were the ones doing all of this crazy stuff.  The school has changed so much though!  Curfew is only effective for freshmen!!!  It  seem like the "no spaghetti strap" rule is no longer in place and some of the air band music was a litte questionable.  Interresting.  When Tim and I drove away we both agreed that our college experience was one of the most formidable and exciting times of our lives.  Ten years have flown by and it seems like just yesterday that this cute bleach blond transfer student walked up to me in the parking lot and said, "I've seen you all over the place, but I haven't met you yet."   Who would have known that 10 years and 2 kids later we would be back at the place we met, feeling like no time has passed.  I wonder what the next 10 years will hold.

1 comment:

Dana said...

what a great blog ker! I know what you mean...where the heck did the time go?

Love you!