Sunday, October 5, 2008

Toothless

Tonight I was brushing Jacob's teeth and I heard a strange little noise.  I looked at Jacob and his mouth was bleeding.  All of a sudden I realized that the little sound I heard was Jacob's first tooth falling into the sink and that to my horror...it went down the drain.  I felt awful!!!  His first tooth and we lost it.  I think I was a little bit more bummed than Jacob.  He actually handled it pretty well.  We decided to just write a note to the tooth fairy and put it under his pillow.  He wrote a note that said, "Dear Tooth Fairy, My tooth fell out when I was brushing my teeth, but it went down the drain.  Love, Jacob."  He was so excited to finally have a missing tooth.  He has the cutest little smile with one gap on the bottom :)  I love my Jacob.  This is just a reminder of how quickly he is growing up.  He seems so big to me sometimes, but I am really thankful that he still loves to snuggle and is not embarrassed to give hugs and kisses to Tim and I.  It is a blessing to be Jacob's mommy.

1 comment:

Dana said...

OH my gosh I can't believe he is old enough to lose a tooth!!! I can't wait to see you in one weekend!!!

LOVE YOU!