Sunday, May 4, 2008

Busy Weekend



What a busy weekend we have had!  Friday was Tim's day off, which is something we all look forward to all week long.  I helped in Jacob's Kindergarten class in the morning and then we all went to Grass Valley for a dr. appt. I had with a naturopathic doctor that I see.  I had a food allergy test.  I have been on this journey the past 10 months or so of trying to figure out why I was feeling so run down and tired.  I was finally diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue in January.  This just basically means that my adrenal glands (which produce some really important hormones that give you stamina and energy) were really low at this hormone production.  So I've been working really hard at getting better.  I've had to get more sleep and drastically change my diet (cut out sugar and white flour and eat lots of protein and veggies).   I am beginning to feel a lot better, but still not 100%.   Anyway, after my appointment we stopped in to see Grandma and Papa Loomis is Auburn and the boys had a blast running around in the Salvation Army Corps where they work.  We love having Tim's parents so close!

  Our day off flew by as always and then Tim went into his longest work day of the week Saturday.  He works for 2 churches on Sat.  He leads worship for a church in Natomas in the morning and then does set up and worship practice for Emmaus in the afternoon/evening.  I stayed home with the boys all day and also watched our friends Kevin and Sarah's  little girl Kyri so that they could go on a date.  We had a fun time playing outside in the sandbox and drawing with sidewalk chalk.  I love the weather this time of year.  

So I was just wondering if your mornings ever look like this...
Our Sunday morning began at 5:55am when Jacob came into our room to use the bathroom.  Tim and I always hope that maybe we will be able to fall back to sleep for awhile after one of the kids gets up, but it's usually just wishful thinking.  Pretty soon Micah joined us and we had the whole family in our bed.  Tim and I kept laying there just trying to get a few more moments of rest before starting our day.  We finally gave up after Micah brought us a whole basket of toys one by one.  It was a fun filled morning in the Loomis home with 2 busy little boys and 2 very tired grown ups :)

I have to add this in too ... Conversations with Jacob this week ...

me: "Jacob, what is the best part of your life?"
jacob:  "My whole family."
me: "Why?"
jacob:  "I don't know, just cuz you guys are the best!" 
              ... and ...
jacob:  "Mom, what is God's first name?"
me:  "God or Jesus"
jacob:  "What is God's middle name?"
me: "uuuuhhhh Almighty :)"
jacob:  "What is God's last name?  I think it's Jesus!"
me:  (no comment, sometimes when I don't have a good answer... I just have to say nothing :))

1 comment:

Dana said...

Oh I loved that you put that conversation in there! I also love that you told your little boy that God's middle name was Almighty....that made me laugh out loud!!