Friday, May 9, 2008

The Early Risers

Why? Why? Why? (Do you hear the whine in my voice?)  Why were our kids up at 5:45 AM joyfully running laps around the playroom?  I love to hear my little boys giggling and having fun with each other...but not at 5:45 IN THE MORNING!!!  And then of course I am kicking myself saying, "Why did we stay up so late last night?"  But who can resist watching  LOST, even if it does start at 10pm.  Could have recorded it on the DVR, but isn't it much more fun to watch it that night?  Except if your me, you are so worked up after such an intense TV show that you have to watch something else that is lighthearted or funny to get your mind off of it so you don't have nightmares.   

Well, our day was actually really nice, except for the 2 hour dentist appt I had this morning.  I wish I wasn't so nervous about going to the dentist, but it is not high on my list of things I like to do.  One of todays highlights...I got to have a complimentary 1/2 hour massage at my chiropractor's office.  SWEET BLISS!!!  

So you would think that after such an early morning, our boys would be exhausted and in bed asleep already.  Here it is 9pm (an hour past bedtime) and they are still awake.  Why, you say?  Well because tonight the boys were so cute snuggling together in Jacob's bed when we were doing their goodnight routine.  So Tim and I got the "bright idea" to let them have a sleepover in Micah's room tonight.  WHAT WERE WE THINKING!?!  Now two exhausted little Loomis boys are doing everything they can to stay awake and play.  Oh well, at least they are making a memory and having some brother bonding time.  We may all need a nap tomorrow :)

1 comment:

Dana said...

Oh my that is early!!! But how right you are....they are creating great brother memories!

I LOVE reading your blog...I feel like I am keeping up on your life so much better!

love you