Sunday, May 11, 2008

"Happy Mother's Day To Me"



This was the most wonderful Mother's Day I have ever had.  It actually started last night when Jacob said, "Mommy, I am going to get up really early before you get up and put a surprise for you on the table."  (He made something for me at school and had it hiding in his closet for the past 4 days.)  I didn't actually think that the would remember in the morning, but at 5:55am I heard someone rustling around the house and then in comes Jacob to my side of the bed, "Mommy, there is a surprise for you on the table.  When you get up you can open it."  Well, of course I had to get up right then.  (Just a bit of background...every birthday and most holidays I put little gifts on the table the night before, so that the boys wake up and see them first thing in the morning at their breakfast spot.)  I came out and unwrapped the most precious Mother's Day gift.  Jacob's little handprint in plaster with a sweet poem on the back.  Every mom needs to have one of those on a wall in her house and now I do :)  Of course I cried, I was so touched by the thoughtfulness of my sweet little boy.  
A few minutes later Tim went out to the garage and brought in a card and a beautiful bouquet of flowers.  I was so surprised because Tim is not great about keeping secrets when he has something for me.  I almost always know, but he had a really busy day yesterday and I just wasn't expecting anything first thing in the morning.  So that made it even more fun.
We went to church, which is always a great experience.  In the afternoon we drove to Tim's parents house in Auburn and had a really relaxing afternoon sitting out in their backyard while the boys ran around and played.  Then we went to dinner at Chevey's, which is one of my very favorite places to eat.  Micah was really good through all of dinner, which made it really relaxing and he was super snuggly all day with me.  All in all, a really great day.  I felt so loved by my family and am so thankful for the blessing of my husband and my boys.

1 comment:

Dana said...

OH So CUTE!!! YOur family is great!!!!

I loved this blog!!

Okay so I did not send Jacob a bday gift...once again this year!!! I am so bummed!!! But I am sending a late one..I just decided!