Sunday, May 25, 2008

My Big 6 Year Old Boy!






Jacob turned 6 last week and we had such a fun party for him.  He really wanted to have a Dr. Seuss birthday, so we transformed our office into a movie theater for the evening.  When all of the kids arrived I gave them pretend money and they walked the "red carpet" to the concession stand to buy their popcorn and candy.  Then they went through the curtains into the "theater" and watched a couple of classic Dr. Seuss cartoons beginning with Jacob's favorite, The Cat in the Hat.  It was a lot of work to pull off, but Jacob was so happy!  I attempted to make a Cat in the Hat 5 layer birthday cake that actually turned out pretty well.  We had a little trouble trying to make the frosting red ( I got a little stressed out when I thought my 6 year old boy was going to have a bright pink and white cake for his party, but after a whole jar of red dye, the pink turned to a nice red).  I also posted a pic of the cupcakes I made for Jacob's class at school.  I got the idea on line, and they turned out so cute.  I used white lifesavers and red cinnamon candies to make Dr. Seuss hats.  So fun!  My mom was here for a week and a half and I so appreciated her help.  Jacob is going to write a little about his birthday now...

Jacob says, "Hey!  Remember my birthday?  Guess what?  We had cake and we opened presents and we watched a couple of Dr. Seuss cartoons and we played in my room last and when it was time to go I gave people their goodies.  They were a Dr. Seuss pencil sharpener, a pen, a book, and an eraser and books for the little kids.  Bye Bye."

2 comments:

sarah hornacek said...

you did such a great job with jacob's party! it was beyond cute in every way!! your boys are very lucky to have such a creative, loving mom who puts so much thought and care into everything you do for them. you're quite the super mom!

Dana said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! You are AMAZING!!! Ker you are incredible at making such special experiences for your kids!!! I am so so so proud of you and your parenting!

My only wish??? That I was there!!!!

The cake was AWESOME! And I love the creative way you had them "come to the theater"

The cupcakes were so cool too!!